Whether visiting St. Petersburg, Moscow, The Volga River or Vladivostok there are a few things you shouldn’t do when you visit Russia. This video covers what travelers, tourists and vacationers should NOT do when they visit Russia. From the service, to the police, to the cool museums there are some good don’ts and bad don’ts of visiting Russia.
Filmed in St. Petersburg, Russia
Copyright Mark Wolters 2017
1. Don’t forget to get a visa and register it when you get to Russia.
2. Don’t lose your immigration card.
3. Don’t forget to have Rubbles in cash
4. Don’t Think Russia will be cheap
5. Don’t get upset about two prices, one for locals and one price for foeigners
6. Don’t mess with the cops
7. Don’t let your guard down at tourist spots or late at night.
8. Don’t skip the Russian Orthodox churches and don’t wear a hat inside the church.
9. Don’t try to exchange damaged foreigner currency.
10. Don’t think Russians are as cold as the service
11. Don’t Bad mouth Russia or speak about Russian politics, it will not be appreciated.
USA Today & 10Best’s #1 Independent Travel Videographer 2014
FlipKey by TripAdvisor Top 10 Travel Bloggers 2014
We travel with a Microsoft Surface everywhere we go. I edit my videos on it & use it to backup my pictures and vides while we travel. It’s light and the best travel laptop on the market in my opinion.
We use Sony Alpha series cameras to film our videos. They are compact so you don’t look like a super tourist when you take great pictures and videos while you travel.
We use Manfrotto Tripods. They are compact, travel well, and honestly I would not use another tripod for my nice cameras.
Travel Plug that works in pretty much any country & has four USB ports. A must for any traveler.
Want to grab some great gear? We have used Osprey Packs for years & swear by them. Check them out here
Need some clothing for your next adventure? Patagonia has some pretty good stuff for all kinds of travelers.
Hey There Fellow Travelers! Thank you for watching our honest travel vlogs from all over this wonderful world. If you would like to get in contact with us please follow us & send us a message via our social media channels below. Also, if you like our travel videos please feel free to share them with other fellow travelers.
Follow Us At
Tweets by woltersworld